Are you wiser than your wisdom teeth? Check out your dental knowledge with the quiz below.
- Sugar causes tooth decay.
Plaque acid causes tooth decay, though plaque does produce this acid using sugar.
- Fluoride occurs naturally in water.
Fluoride is a mineral which has varying levels in natural water supplies. We add more fluoride to most public water systems to improve our dental health.
- Brushing vigorously and using a hard-bristle toothbrush is good for your teeth.
Brushing too hard can damage your teeth and gums.
- Tooth loss inevitably occurs with old age.
You can still have great teeth at 107 if you care for them properly.
- Your dental health affects your overall health.
It has been found that gum disease can increase your risk for cardiovascular disease, low birth weight babies, trouble managing blood sugar levels, etc.
- Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the body.
The tooth enamel that surrounds and protects teeth is even stronger than your bones.
- A dry mouth won’t harm your dental health.
Saliva is your body’s natural defense against tooth decay because it neutralizes acids, cleans away food debris, and rebuilds tooth enamel.
- Nitrous oxide will make you funny.