When it comes to restoring a damaged or decayed tooth, dental crowns can be one of the most effective restorative dental treatments. Our dental team is happy to answer your questions about dental crowns, including their many uses.
How is a dental crown used?
Uses of dental crowns go beyond repairing tooth decay to perform the following dental functions:
– Covering cosmetic flaws to improve the appearance of a tooth
– Covering a dental implant above the gum line
– Improving the strength of a weak tooth
– Holding together the pieces of a badly cracked tooth
– Supporting the remains of a tooth that has a large dental filling
– Keeping a dental bridge firmly in place
How should I treat a dental crown?
Maintaining good oral hygiene can prevent tooth decay and other dental issues from affecting your dental crown. Practice good oral care habits such as brushing twice a day and flossing and using antibacterial mouthwash daily to remove oral bacteria.
Can my dental crown last a long time?
The life of a dental crown can range from five to 15 years, and it depends on how well you care for your smile.
We encourage you to give Orlando Family Dentistry, LLC a call at 609-466-1332 today if you need to ask, Drs. Christopher Spelman or John Orlando, additional questions about dental crowns in Hopewell, New Jersey.