Are you suffering from sensitive teeth? Do you wish you could drink your favorite beverages or eat your favorite treats without the tinge of pain? If this sounds like you, you could be suffering from tooth sensitivity. This is a common condition that can be caused by many things. The critical thing to remember is your teeth could be giving you a warning something is wrong, making it time to see the dentist.
Our doctors, Dr. John Orlando, and Dr. Christopher Spelman care about your oral health and are happy to help you identify the cause of your sensitive teeth problem. Furthermore, our team at Orlando Family Dentistry, LLC in Hopewell, New Jersey, is happy to share with you some information on this oral condition.
Here is what you need to know when it comes to sensitive teeth:
– Your teeth may be extra sensitive and require additional therapies such as crowns or bonding treatments to help desensitize them.
– If you suffer any cracks or fractures in your teeth, they can give rise to tooth sensitivity.
– To avoid dental abrasion, use brushes that have soft bristles and nonabrasive toothpaste.
– All cleaning utensils that you use should be nonabrasive. It is important to use nonabrasive cleaning tools to avoid wearing down your tooth enamel and causing further dental abrasion.
– If dental erosion occurs to the point that a hole has formed in your teeth, an increase in tooth sensitivity may be felt.
– Dental abrasion can often occur if your teeth are extra sensitive.
If you have questions about your oral health and issues with tooth sensitivity, please give us a call today at 609-466-1332 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you correct this oral health problem in any way we can.